New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BT CPU reset questions
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:32 pm 
Hitter's Number

Last night no games were available at the local BWW. The bartender said it had been "out" all day. So when this occurs was it an issue with the modem or BT CPU not obtaining the daily download of games from BT? I asked the manager to call into the customer service number and even gave her the number. It's doubtful she did, and she wouldn't reset the CPU either. (After explaining the problem to her, she asked me did I need help to sign up for a new account and then was I sure I was entering my password correctly. :roll: )

In cases like this, would resetting the CPU have helped or could BT have resent the games for the day? I've called the service number with issues before, but they want to talk to the manager.
My group of 10 waited around an hour or so then left.
If this happens again, should I just head to another site or is it an easy fix? I apologize if this has been addressed in another thread, a couldn't find any info with a quick search of the forum.

Attachments:
bttab.jpg
bttab.jpg [ 43.12 KiB | Viewed 476 times ]

Post subject: Re: BT CPU reset questions
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:53 pm 
Himself Fodder

Any time you talk to tech support the first thing they have you do is turn the CPU off and then turn it back on. A decent amount of the time this rectifies the problem, like any other computer. But tech support will only speak with authorized representatives of the establishment which they normally have listed in the site's account information.

A lot of the time it's an easy fix so long as you have access to the CPU and tech support will talk to you. Naturally at BWW's this is an issue on both fronts because management won't have a clue.

Why wouldn't she reboot the CPU? Depending on my mood, if her ignorance or laziness stood in the way of 10 players using the system, I'd report the situation up the ladder. But if management won't help, you might as well head elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:23 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

A simple reboot would have solved this. It happens from time to time. This lock up does have thread where people can mention dates and times of the lock up. Usually when it hapoens mid game the system can be back up in a few minutes.

At our BWW we have 3 or 4 bartenders who will easily reach up and hit the button with the blue light around it. We don't wait on or need any managers. Easy fix.

I would find the general manager for that BWW and tell them you had 10 customers who left very unsatisfied with the service. Also see if you can find a helpful bartender next time there is lock up of the trivia games.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:13 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

If you call Buzztime you will find BWW now has it's own separate support and contracted onsite service. With Buzztime, financials, and ordering being integrated it is my understanding staff isn't suppose to touch the computers, but call service/support. Otherwise a reboot does the trick 90% of the time. The challenge is getting a BWW manager motivated to do something.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:44 pm 
Hitter's Number

Thank you for the information. My BWW seems to have a high turnover regarding assistant managers. Whether it’s laziness or fear of screwing something up, they have all been equally worthless in dealing with any BT issue. I’ll follow your advice and talk to the GM this week.